SEG Online Advertising
A variety of ad opportunities are available to fit your marketing goals and objectives
SEG provides advertisers with an opportunity to reach the geophysical industry through the world's communications crossroads.
The SEG website continues to grow in popularity with SEG members, the wider geoscientific academic and corporate audience, media/press organizations, and those with similar interests. The SEG website had over 1.1 million visitors in 2012!
Increase brand awareness and generate traffic to your website through online banner advertising with SEG. Place your ad today!
Plus Blow-Ins, Bellybands, Multimedia, and more. Ask for more information!
15% discount off online advertising when combined with print advertising – ask for more information!
Online Ad Specifications
- Skyscraper and Rectangle ads reside on the right rail
- Static or animated GIF files are accepted (however, the animated format is not recommended for eNewsletter advertising); all other types including SWF are not currently supported
- Click-thru URLS must be supplied separately, not embedded in file; third party tracking links are not currently
- Maximum Skyscraper ad size should not exceed 120 x 360 pixels; maximum Rectangle ad size should not exceed
120 x 150 pixels
- The flattened file size should not exceed 100 KB
- Animated GIFs should have a minimum frame delay of 10/100 of a second, no exceptions; maximum animation run time of 10 seconds (total frame delay 1,000/100 of a second - absolute minimum delay must be sent to 10/100 of a second); 100 frames maximum; and the animation must be looped continuously
Digital Edition Specs:
- JPEG, GIF, Animated GIF, or SWF files are accepted
- Maximum Leaderboard ad size should not exceed 728 x 90 pixels; maximum Drawer ad size should not exceed 180 x 150 pixels
Online Advertising Policy
- SEG reserves the right to refuse intrusive ads
- Ads meeting the specifications will be considered immediately; ads that must be returned to the advertiser for adjustments will be reconsidered upon resubmission of a qualified ad
- Qualified ads will be uploaded to the website within 3 business days; Digital Edition ads will be uploaded prior to the publication of the issue
- Participating advertisers will be provided the first right of refusal
- Website advertisers wishing to change their image and/or link (up to 4 per month) must submit all images, URLs or activation/expiration dates for each change for the entire month; images, URLS and activation/expiration dates will be loaded at one time and programmatically inserted into the ad queue upon activation/expiration dates
- Digital Edition ads can be changed on a monthly basis
For more information, contact:
SEG Advertising Department
8801 S. Yale Ave., Ste. 500
Tulsa, OK 74137