SEG Online advertising
Multiple ad placements are available to fit your needs
The SEG Web site continues to grow in popularity with SEG members, the wider geoscientific academic and corporate audience, media/press organizations, and those with similar interests. It is currently averaging around 100,000 visitors each month.
Get the best cost effective advertising by placing your online advertisement on the SEG Web site this month.
Contact the SEG Advertising Department (+1.918.497.5524) for pricing information.
Benefits and features
Sizes and specifications
Advertising benefits and features
- The SEG Web site receives about 100,000 visitors on average per month.
- Skyscraper Ads reside in the vertical ribbon on the right of the page.
- Web site Ads rotate automatically at 10 second intervals in a predetermined queue. The next Ad in the queue is displayed after the current Ad has been displayed for 10 seconds. The Ads are continuously looped.
- One link from the Ad to the advertiser's Web site is available at no additional charge (with the exception of the Classified Job Listing).
- A 15% discount off Web site Ad price when combined with a Print Ad. Please see combined advertising for more information.
- Advertisers can change their image and/or link up to 4 times per month. (Please see Policy section below.)
Ad sizes and specifications:
- Static or animated GIF files are accepted. All other types including SWF are not currently supported. (Please see Animated GIF Specifications below.)
- Click-through URLS must be supplied separately, not imbedded within the Ad file.
- Maximum Ad size should not to exceed 120 pixels wide by 360 pixels high.
- The flattened file size should not exceed 100Kb.
Animated GIF specifications:
- minimum frame delay: 10/100 of a second–no exceptions (*see below for explanation)
- maximum animation runtime: 10 seconds (total frame delay 1000/100 of a second)
- maximum number of frames: 100
- animations must be looped continuously
*Due to the way different Internet browsers interpret frame delays, the absolute minimum delay of each frame MUST be set to 10/100 of a second. This results in a maximum number of frames of 100 to fit within the 10-second window for each Ad.
- SEG reserves the right to refuse annoying Ads.
- Ads meeting the specifications will be considered immediately. Ads that must be returned to the Advertiser for adjustments will be reconsidered upon resubmission of a qualified Ad.
- Qualified Ads will be uploaded within 5 business days.
- Participating Advertisers will be provided the first option from renewal.
- Advertisers wishing to change their image and/or link (up to 4 per month) must submit all images, URLs, or activation and expiration dates for each change for the entire month. Images, URLS, and activation and expiration dates will be loaded at one time and programmatically inserted into the Ads queue upon activation and expiration dates.