Society of Exploration Geophysicists
Job Opportunities with SEG
- SEG Wiki Editor – Owns primary responsibility for growth of the SEG Wiki, developing content-enrichment programs, specifying functionality enhancements, and engaging volunteers, staff, and vendors to help carry them out. Emphasis is on building and maintaining a vibrant community of SEG Wiki contributors and users.
- Programmer Analyst – Design, develop, test, and support new and existing software components and functionality in support of SEG's business strategies. The position is responsible for estimating work and coding based upon requirements; identifying, documenting and fixing software defects; and unit testing and debugging within the scope of SEG software development standards.
- Digital Publications Editor – Owns primary responsibility for online publication of expanded abstracts and other meetings papers, for ensuring the currency and accuracy of entry pages to SEG periodicals, and for update and maintenance of the Digital Cumulative Index. Provides secondary site-administrator-level support for operations and development of the SEG Digital Library and other SEG online publications sites and services.
- Exhibitions Operations Coordinator – Provide administrative support, information and communication to both internal and external customers of the Exhibitions and Sales Department which reflects superior customer service and assures the development and maintenance of excellent relationships with exhibitors and sponsors of SEG Exhibitions.
- Publications and Courses Sales Representative – Maintains and grows SEG's institutional journal, meeting-abstracts, and e-book subscriber base through a combination of direct sales (primarily in North America), coordination of the Society's global network of subscription sales agencies, and coordination with circulation and fulfillment (C&F) personnel. Also responsible for selling Professional Development products and services to institutions.
If you meet the qualifications of the position and wish to apply, please email your résumé, salary requirements and a letter detailing interest and qualifications to email@example.com.
SEG Employee Testimonial
"I feel like several flexible work schedules have been offered so most of the staff could participate. It's so encouraging as an employee to have a Director that is looking for new things that benefit the staff and organization. This weekend I was asked about my job. It was so easy to talk about where I work and what I do… because I thoroughly love where I am!"
– Karline Threadgill, Professional Development Administrator
| || || |