What SEG offers student members
- Free monthly subscription to The Leading Edge by mail, access to TLE and Geophysics online
* (a change will take place on 1 January 2011, read more from Steve Hill)*
- Free subscription to the student e-newsletter, the Anomaly
- SEG scholarship opportunities
- Student discounts on continuing education courses, workshops, publications, and SEG Annual Meeting registration
- Student Chapters at many universities
- Upon graduation, student members are eligible to transfer to Associate Membership and receive FREE dues
- Most of all, through association with fellow SEG members students enjoy the benefit of developing professional contact and industry ties, increasing opportunities in networking, and guidance in career planning/development.
To be eligible for Student Membership an applicant must be a full-time graduate or undergraduate student in good standing at a recognized university or college, working towards a degree in geophysics or related field. Eligibility for Student Membership shall terminate at the close of the calendar year in which the Student Member ceases to be a graduate or undergraduate student in good standing at a recognized university or college.
Student membership presentation
Spanish version (Translated by Romina Portas)