SEG/KOC Joint Workshop
Global Single Sensor Acquisition and Processing – Past, Present and Future
Registration is now open!
3-6 December 2012
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 September 2012 - Abstract and application submission deadline
25 October 2012 - Advanced registration deadline
6 November 2012 - Housing reservation deadline
The revolution in acquisition equipment and processing technology has put the industry in a new position to increase sampling and fold to levels previously unimaginable. This raises many questions regarding optimum use of single sensor single source technology for the future. This workshop will share the cross industry experiences of current practitioners from around the globe and address many of these outstanding questions. Attendees can expect lively discussions and informed debate on all topics related to this emerging technology. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to visit a 220,000 channel 3D seismic crew operating in north Kuwait.
We strongly encourage submissions of papers covering the broad topics outlined below:
- Sharing experiences; Focusing on 3D single sensor and/or single source production projects from acquisition to reservoir characterization.
- On-shore case histories – MENA Region
- Worldwide case histories
- Industry trends, new technologies & way forward. Focusing on the near future.
- Multi-component 3C and new sensors
- Repeatability – 4D
- Wires vs radio waves vs memory storage
- Broad band & full waveform inversion
- Depth migration
- Advances in integrated acquisition & processing technology: Emphasis on enabling technology and solutions they provide.
- Acquisition Challenges:
- Recording systems, sources & sensors
- Practical survey design & impact on imaging for multiple targets
- Real time in-field QC
- Processing Challenges:
- Workflows & algorithms with impact on acquisition design
- QC, automation & data volume management
- Array forming vs single trace processing
- The committee will review applications and papers to determine acceptance.
- If you have been accepted you will be notified by 1 October.
- Once you have been accepted you will receive registration and housing information by e-mail.
- Register and pay the fee to attend the workshop.
- Make housing reservations with hotel.
- Enjoy the workshop and make some great contacts.
Location: The meeting will be held at the Regency Hotel in Kuwait City.
Hotel: Hotel rooms have been reserved at The Regency Hotel at a rate of KD 65 for a single standard room (approx USD$230) and KD 80 for a double standard room (approx USD$285). To reserve your room, fax the Hotel Booking Form to +965 2576 6668 or to communicate your credit card details through phone by calling the Reservations Dept on +965 2576 6666. Reservation requests must be made by 6 November 2012 in order to qualify for the group rate.
Meeting Format: The meeting will comprise a selection of invited speakers and a selection of oral presentations.
Monday, 3 December – a visit to the highest channel count single sensor 3D seismic crew operating in Kuwait followed by registration.
Tuesday, 4 December through Thursday, 6 December – Three full-day sessions with morning and afternoon sessions including questions and debate closing session.
Workshop Participants: A presentation is not a requirement in order to be accepted for registration; however, direct participation is required by all attendees through discussion.
Registration: The advance registration rate is USD$880 by 25 October and USD$980 after 25 October.
Visa information invitation letters:
Participants in this workshop may generate an official invitation letter using the "Create my letter" form.
For those whose company or organization is planning on sending more than one individual to the workshop, additional documentation may be required for scheduling an appointment with the local Kuwait embassy. If additional assistance is required, fill out a separate invitation letter for each individual requesting a visa using the form below. Each invitation letter has a unique reference number. Produce one cover letter listing all individuals requesting a visa. The letter must include the following information for each individual:
- passport number
- date and place of birth
- nationality as it appears on the passport
- reference number from the invitation letter
Fax these forms together with the cover letter printed on the group's official stationery to +1.918.497.5557, attention Visa Letter Assistance.
Please note that this letter does not guarantee that you will be granted a visa, nor does it commit SEG to pay any expenses you may incur. It is the sole responsibility of the attendee to obtain the necessary paperwork for entry to Kuwait.
If you have any questions about this form or the letter it generates, please send us an e-mail.
Create my letter
Ahmad Al-Eidan (KOC), Advisory Chairman, Khalid Al-Mulla (KOC), Jack Bouska (BP), Adel El-Emam (KOC), Jerrah Al-Jenaie (KOC), Saif Ali Al Mesaabi (ADNOC), Maurice Nessim (WesternGeco), Peter Pecholcs (Saudi Aramco), John Jacque Postel (CGGVeritas), John Quigley (WesternGeco), Ghassan Rached (KOC), Daniel Van Hulle (CGGVeritas)
SEG meeting planner: