Shale Gas Technology Forum
30 March - 1 April 2011
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Registration is sold out!
Click here to view the Chinese version of the SEG Chengdu Forum announcement.
Click here to view Shale Gas Technology Forum Technical Program details.
- 30 January - Deadline for Advance Registration
- 9 March - Final Registration Deadline.
Register Now - Sold Out!
Is your company contemplating, investing in, or currently taking part in the exploitation of shale gas plays? Then you won't want to miss the Shale Gas Technology Forum in Chengdu, Sichuan, China, 30 March - 1 April 2011.
This forum, organized by the Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Society of Petroleum Geophysicists (SPG), and National Energy Shale Gas R & D Center will examine the following topics:
- Shale gas business and outlook in China and North America
- Understanding the geology and rock physics of shale reservoirs
- Applications of geophysical technologies
- Horizontal drilling
- Stimulated fracturing
- Fracture monitoring and modelling
- Environmental impacts
- Pitfalls based on case histories
As a participant, you will learn from world-class experts on shale gas projects. By the end of the Forum, you will be able to:
- Identify criteria and develop opportunities of shale gas plays
- Explore shale gas play opportunities in China and worldwide
- Understand the geological factors of a successful shale gas project
- Appreciate the economic criteria for selecting shale gas projects
You will gain understanding of geophysical attributes for shale gas sweet spots; learn the state-of-the-art drilling technology for shale gas development; apply cost-effective technology for stimulated fracturing processes; and understand real-time fracture monitoring processes.
SEG will also offer a Spouse Tour at the Shale Gas Forum. Click here for details.
- Registration: US$500 per person, SEG members and speakers. US$600 per non-member.
- Meeting Format: The meeting will consist of four sessions. The format of the sessions will include on-screen presentations (in English) by session leaders. Forum proceedings will not be published publicly. The sessions will be organized as follows:
- Session 1: Shale gas business & outlook in China and N. America (Fa Dwan, Jie Zhang, and Alfred Liaw)
- Session 2: Geology, geophysics, & rock physics of shale reservoirs (Galen Treadgold, Arthur Cheng, and Tom Neville)
- Session 3: Drilling, fracturing, & fracture monitoring (Randal LaFollette, Peter Duncan, Ziqiong Zheng)
- Session 4: Case histories, environmental impacts, & pitfalls (Yan Li, Bill Keller, and Sheng Ding)
- Location: The meeting will take place at the Shangri-La Hotel, Chengdu, China.
- Meals: Forum registration includes two luncheons and one dinner banquet.
- Hotel: Information coming soon
Shangri-La Hotel, Chengdu
9, Binjiang Dong Road, Chengdu, 610021 China
Contact: Ms. Gin Hu
Event code: SEG Forum/MCI China Beijing office
Phone: (86 28) 8409-7313 or 8888 9999
Fax: (86 28) 8446-1167 or 8888 6666
Daily Room Rate: RMB 1,080 net (including 15% service charge, government tax, and one buffet breakfast), paid by participants
Hejiang Pavilion Hotel
Phone: (86 28) 8882-2222
Daily Room rate: RMB 538, paid by participants
For reservation: please contact Gary Liu, SEG Beijing office, email@example.com.
Interested in being a sponsor? The following opportunities are available on a first-come, first-served basis:
- Dinner or reception
- Attendee gifts
- Coffee break
- Support students and faculty
Contact us today to be included as a sponsor for the event.
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Gary Liu, SEG China Chief Representative in Beijing, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Alfred Liaw, Forum Organization Chairman, email@example.com
Mr. Steven Emery, SEG Senior Manager, Meetings and Expositions, firstname.lastname@example.org