Benefits of individual membership
For a PDF copy of the SEG Membership Benefits Brochure click here.
As an SEG member, you'll have access to a variety of resources designed to broaden your knowledge, further your career, and enhance your network of professional relationships. SEG also offers you many opportunities to give back to the field of geophysics.
Membership is open to all individuals who support the goals, objectives and mission of the Society and are willing to contribute to their achievement.
Here are some of the valuable resources and exclusive benefits you'll receive as an SEG member:
- 12 complimentary issues of The Leading Edge, a USD $205 value
(via online access to the SEG Digital Library and TLE Digital Edition for all members; print delivery for nonstudent members in World Bank III and IV categories)
- A complimentary, one-year subscription to another SEG publication of your choice, either
- Interpretation, the peer-reviewed journal copublished by SEG and AAPG for advancing the practice of subsurface interpretation (2013–present), a USD $425 value
- GEOPHYSICS, the exploration geophysics industry's leading archival journal (2000–present), a USD $680 value
- Instant access to SEG Digital Library, including
- TLE (1982–present)
- Geophysics (1936–1999)
- Meetings papers from SEG, SEGJ, SBGf, ASEG, SAGEEP and others
- Journal of Engineering and Environmental Geophysics
- Significant savings on SEG's Exposition and Annual Meeting registration
- SEG Wiki author and edit privileges
- Savings of up to 20% on most titles in the SEG Book Mart, including SEG eBooks
- Significant discounts on SEG training courses
- Discounts on subscriptions to other SEG journals (online access and/or print delivery) when more than one subscription is added
- Author-fee discounts for Geophysics and Interpretation authors
- Networking opportunities
- Employment assistance, including SEG Employment Referral, Annual Meeting Career Center, SEG Resume Posting/Search area in SEG Online
- Research & innovation opportunities, including Summer Research Workshop, and the SEG Research Committee
- U.S. members also have access to the SEG Insurance Program through GeoCare Benefits Insurance Program, offering a wide portfolio of insurance and affiliated products to help financially protect you and your family
SEG offers several membership options for individuals and one option for Corporate Membership. Learn which SEG Membership Type is for you.
Additional Benefits by Member Classification
Active members* shall enjoy all privileges of the Society. Additional benefits for Active members only:
- hold office
- to vote on all matters submitted to the membership
- to petition the Council or Executive committee on any matter
- to publish their affiliation with the Society
*Active members shall include Honorary, Life and Emeritus members.
Associate and Student members shall be entitled to attend the meetings of the Society, to receive its journals, and to purchase its publications on the same terms as Active Members.
Student members receive full online access to the SEG Digital Library. Students can purchase a subscription to The Leading Edge in print for an additional US$38, Geophysics in print for an additional US$65, and Interpretation in print for an additional US$50.
(This reflects a change in student benefits that took place on 1 January 2011. Read more about the change from Steve Hill.)
Special Student Benefits include:
- Quarterly online newsletter, the Knowledge Box
- Minimal admission fee to the SEG Annual Meeting and International Exposition
- SEG scholarship, travel grant, and professional development opportunities
- Connect with SEG Student Chapters located at 330 universities worldwide
- Student discounts on continuing education courses, workshops, and books purchased in the SEG Book Mart
- Upon graduation, student members are eligible to transfer to Associate Membership and receive FREE dues for one year following graduation
- And most of all, through association with fellow SEG members, students enjoy the benefit of developing professional contacts and industry ties, increased opportunities for networking, and guidance in career planning/development.