Student Membership classification
To be eligible for Student Membership an applicant must be a full-time graduate or undergraduate student in good standing at a recognized university or college working towards a degree in geophysics or related field.
SEG policy for members OFAC sanctioned countries
Special student benefits
- Online access to The Leading Edge Digital Edition and access to the SEG Digital Library
- Minimal admission fee to the Annual SEG Annual Meeting and Exposition
- SEG scholarship opportunities
- Student discounts on continuing education courses, workshops and on books purchased in the SEG Book Mart
- Student Chapters may be available in some locations
- Upon graduation, student members are eligible to transfer to Associate Membership and receive FREE dues
- And most of all, through association with fellow SEG members, students enjoy the benefit of developing professional contact and industry ties, increasing opportunities in networking, and guidance in career planning/development
- Student Membership US$21.00
- Purchase Geophysics in print US$60.00
- Purchase The Leading Edge in print US$38.00
- Purchase Interpretation in print US$35.00
- FREE under CGG Corporate Sponsorship Program (see below)
Student membership will terminate at the close of the calendar year in which the student member ceases to be a graduate or an undergraduate student in good standing.
NEW - Upon graduation, student members are eligible for FREE associate membership dues for the first year following graduation. Please contact the SEG membership department (+1.918.497.5531) to request a transfer to associate membership and your FREE dues for one year.
Student Member Application
All printed copies of student applications must contain the name and signature of a faculty member. Interactive online applications require the name and e-mail address of a faculty member that can verify your student status.
Corporate Sponsorship Program
SEG is proud to announce the creation of the Student Membership Corporate Sponsorship Program. CGG is the sponsor of the program and have graciously agreed to sponsor the dues of student members of SEG.
Applicants for student membership must complete an application form and return it to SEG. Current student members are sent a dues statement annually for renewal.
There are two ways to apply online; choose the option which works best for you.
Online Form - Fill out and submit an application directly from our Web site.
Printable Form - Open and then print this PDF file. Please print or type to complete the application. You must mail, scan and e-mail, or fax it to the membership department.
If you have any questions on Student Membership or student activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.