Specific tasks are carried out by members of the Technical Management Committee and by selected vendors. Vendors are selected through a rigorous, competitive bid and review process.
SEAM vendors include:
- Advanced Geophysical Technology, Inc. (AGT) has been awarded two contracts from SEAM:
- a contract in August 2011 to conduct Phase I TTI simulations on a variable-density tilted transverse isotropic acoustic earth model with a total of 34,760 shots
- a contract in May 2012 to conduct Phase I elastic simulations on an isotropic elastic model with a total of 16,685 shots.
- Electromagnetic Geoservices ASA (EMGS) has been awarded two contracts from SEAM:
- a contract in February 2011 to simulate data for 494 receivers over the SEAM Phase I two-component resistivity model.
- a contract in November 2012 to provide MT Simulations over the SEAM Phase I resistivity model.
- Fugro Electro Magnetic Italy srl was awarded the contract in November 2012 to perform MT Simulations over the SEAM Phase I resistivity model.
- Landmark was awarded the contract to provide data storage and distribution for SEAM in July 2009. Landmark will store the Phase I deliverables for up to 10 years, distribute copies of the classic data subsets to Participants and fill orders from the global geophysical community once the Participants' two-year proprietary usage period has passed.
- Midland Valley Exploration Ltd. was awarded the contract for Phase II in August 2012 to build a digital 3D geological model of a foothills fold-and-thrust belt region.
- NanoSeis was awarded a contract in August 2012 to conduct the quality assurance of the Phase I elastic simulations on an isotropic elastic model.
- Nexus Geosciences Inc. (subsequently WesternGeco) was awarded the contract for quality assurance of the Phase I acoustic data set in April 2009. Nexus has an established, automated routine for verifying that the simulated records and their headers meet required standards.
- The Rice Inversion Project at Rice University was awarded a contract for the services of Prof. William Symes for the development of basic verification procedures and of a baseline variable density 3D acoustic modeling tool for use in the SEAM Phase I verification procedure.
- Sandia National Laboratory was awarded a contract in March 2010 to use Sandia algorithms to calculate synthetic seismic data sets using the SEAM Phase I Earth Model. These datasets provided SEAM a benchmark for technical assessments regarding construction of future geologic earth models.
- Tierra Geophysical LLC (subsequently Landmark) was awarded the contract for simulation of a Phase I acoustic data set in February 2009. The contract required the simulation of approximately 65,000 shot records, containing as many as 450,000 traces each.
- WesternGeco was awarded a contract in September 2011 to conduct the quality assurance of the variable density acoustic TTI simulations on the SEAM Phase I Earth Model.
| || || |