- Poster Abstract Deadline: 5 September
- Research companies before your interview (visit APPG/SEG Student Homepage for links to participating companies).
- Arrive on time for your interview.
- No distracting mannerisms (tapping fingernails, swinging feet), be aware of your posture and body language, and make eye contact with the interviewer.
- Speak clearly, don't talk too fast, and think a moment before you answer questions.
- Be relaxed and sure of yourself, but not overconfident.
- Be enthusiastic, ask questions, and show you are interested in the company.
- Be well prepared and anticipate questions the interviewer might ask ahead of time.
- Answer questions more than with a simple yes or no. Use this opportunity to sell your skills or recent training.
- Follow-up the interview with a letter or email.
- Don't ask about the salary or benefits on first interview. This is more appropriate for a second interview.
The first impression you make will be your attire.
- Clean and neat in appearance
- Neutral colors
- Conservative, not flashy
- Men should consider suits and ties
- Women should consider pant or skirt suits
- Notepad and pens
- Extra resumes
- Turn off your cell phone
- Any applicable research illustrations to emphasize your point
On Tuesday, 18 September, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. recruiters from Kelly Scientific Resources will be available to evaluate and make suggestions for improvement of your resume. Sign up for appointment times will be at the Kelly Scientific Booth during the Expo.